11/25/07

Home at last

~ I know these seem like a lot of photo's but they are really only a smattering of what we took in our 8 day road trip! So here is a basic run down as most of the info will be shared in a altered journal complete with scraps and touchable stuff.

~We arrived in a San Francisco on sat Nov,17th and spent all of the next day having fun. We've concluded that 1 day is enough in S.F. when you have a 3 year old boy!


Incredibly yummy lunch at Bubba Gump.

Let me tell you of this Carousel which was very beautiful. It has 2 stories where as the 2nd story spins in the opposite direction. Talk about sea sick!




Going down Lombard street, us in our beautiful suite.



The perfect shot and Dyllan pondering which $3 cupcake we will take to eat later from Kara's Cupcakes.


Drove through Garberville, the tiny hippie town where I was born.
Fave shop ~Garden of beadin. I got some crystals, a ring and that purple tea light star hanging up. (click pic for details)
We stopped of at Eureka to visit my Brothers new house, spent the night and then headed back to Whitethorn on Tuesday.

Dyllan and Uncle Walter in the goose hollow and a side shot of my Uncle's house on his 80 acre property!

Wed, we went walking with the bunch. In the course of enjoying the scenery, Dyllan doing what boys do naturally, whacking stuff with a stick, whacked a bee's nest and got stung/bit by tiny wasp's 7 times. My heart was in my stomach as I raced back to the house with him in my arms.
Then we gave him extra Benadryl and kept a close eye on him. He's ok now but is totally
freaked out by anything bee/fly related.

Morning frost. It got as cold as 37 degrees!
Their beautiful apple orchard.



Thanks Giving with the family.


Series of paper train that I made for Dyllan through out the trip. He made the 1st one except for the wheels, I made the last 2. Good thing I brought tape!

This the guest house we stayed in with my cousin Laura and her family.

Looking over the house and fields.

Chanterelle mushroom hunting on Thanksgiving morning. The hike was quite a work out to and from but well worth the trip!


Have you ever seen anything so beautiful? I brought some home to sauté with garlic! Yum!


My sister in law Ginny with Gemma and ornaments I made for everyone.


Brian and Aunt Kathy, inseparable Cousins Jordyn and McKenzie


My self with my cousin Laura and brother John


Friday we spent the night in Sacramento and spent a little of Saturday at the train museum before arriving home late sat. I never envisioned a train museum so vast and to have so many amazing things to see!


Definitely considering having thanksgiving again with the family not next year but maybe the year after?, maybe by train? And to spend more time exploring old Sacramento!

7 comments:

Rosemary said...

Welcome home Michelle!
Looks like a really great trip. I love San Francisco. What a fun time for your whole family.
Those mushrooms are amazining. Enjoy!
Rosemary

Vicki Chrisman said...

Oh...looks like fun! I love looking at photos...it really does tell the story, doesnt it? Thanks for sharing with us!

Cape Cod Washashore said...

Looks like you had a wonderful time with family!!! I've only been to the West Coast once, and that was to SanFran, and I LOVED it there!

Those paper trains are too cute! =)

Dede Warren said...

Your trip looks fabulous. And those redwoods are incredible aren't they!? I went to the Redwood Forrest as a child and think is something everyone should see.

thanks for sharing the fun!

Lori said...

Michelle, it looks like you had a wonderful trip and a great time visiting with all of your family...the ornaments you made are gorgeous and the paper trains are so charming and sweet!!!

when i lived in pennsylvania, we used to go in the woods mushroom hunting, haystack mushrooms...have you ever seen those...HUGE...and so yummy...

Laura Bray said...

Beautiful trip! It looks like you had a wonderful time!

Anonymous said...

Loved checking out all your photos from your trip. It is always so nice to go somewhere for vacation, but there is nothing like getting back home again!

Garberville! My dad used to have a 120 acre ranch in Zenia. Do you know where that is? Anyway enjoyed the monster shroom!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...