3/09/10

My Mardi Gras Art!

I belong to a Yahoo group called Alpha Stamps.
And they recently had a Carnival/ Masquerade Mask swap!
We had to make 3 masks using the templates provided and the mask base (not including trim) needed to be no bigger than a ATC!
It was really challenging and because I knew I would not get one of mine back...I made duplicates. One for me...one to swap...
Here they are....

For this pink one, the photo does not do justice. It's so much prettier in person! I hand colored, hand glittered and crackle glazed the whole thing.

Of these two...I sent the one on the top in for the swap and kept the one on the bottom.
I embellished them using vintage flocked wall paper and broken jewelry.

The butterfly mask is by far my favorite and I have plans to make a few for Faerie Dust Dreams soon!

It turned out just as I envisioned...& even better!

It took me 2 1/2 days to complete all 6 masks. Basically a full rainy weather, stay in our jammies weekend.


As soon as I receive my swapped masks...I'll post them for you to see!
Thanks for coming by!
~Michelle

5 comments:

Vic said...

Michelle,

Your masks are great. I love them all.

Linda said...

These masks are so creative. You did an amazing job on them. I think that they are suitable for framing....I would love to see them for real.

Unknown said...

I love the butterfly mask! awesome!!

BethW said...

Absolutely gorgeous of course.

Unknown said...

The butterfly mask is beautiful. The picture doesn't do it justice.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...