9/21/11

Mrs. Hancocks Baby Quilt

 At the end of 1st grade, Dyllan and I presented this quilt to his 1st grade teacher, Mrs. Hancock. She was expecting her first child, a girl by July.Mrs. Hancock has cats, so I wanted to incorporate them into the quilt with complimenting colors. I also thought that since she's a teacher, she might create a "eye spy" game with her little girl as she grew...to maybe count the different colored kitties. :)
 This was the first project I made with my sewing machine in nearly 6 years and also the first machine sewn quilt I've ever made. When it comes to crafting, I don't really like to follow rules, -  not all the squares are perfectly cut, and some of the stitches may be uneven, it's still made with Love and that's what counts, right? :)

My Step Mom who's a seasoned quilter gave us the idea of creating our own signature for the back. 
I love all the zig zag stitches. It's so Me!
 

2 comments:

Birgit said...

Hi there,

Thanks to Anna’s great Practical Magic blog party website I know that you are taking part in the event. I have pondered how to participate and thought it would be neat to post anonymously people’s thoughts and/or secrets regarding the movie. Sites which inspired me are:

Post Secret
Walt Disney Confessions

Those thoughts or secrets could e.g. be “I have already watched the movie 1,000 times,” “I wish I had a sister like Gilly,” “The aunts’ house is my dream house,” “I have dreamt about Jimmy” etc. Anything which comes to your mind when you think of “Practical Magic.”

If you feel like helping me out, be sure to send me your thought/secret as soon as possible at swappinghowdies@yahoo.de. Of course, I handle each “confession” anonymously. And – please nothing x-rated!

Greetings from Germany,
Birgit

Cameron said...

Such a sweet little quilt, Michelle!

I love that kitty fabric!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...