1/14/13

A Batik Tote for my Mom

Front

Back

Inside with pockets.
I made this tote for my Mom for Christmas. I used some of my favorite batik fabrics and added the purple pocket on the front and the heart on the back. Inside I added more pockets, a Velcro closure and a pretty strap. I really enjoy making these totes as I start with a basic idea and run with it. My favorite part is decorating the front and back with the shiny metallic threads! When I make these totes, no two are never the same and piecing the colors is never planned or pinned. It's all off the top of my head, liking painting with fabric. :) Someday I would like to get back into making my own batik fabric like I did when I was younger, but its a lbig messy process. So for now, I just see what I can find at various craft stores and play. :)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...